- Facilitate communication among organizations and individuals who are dedicated to the promotion of genealogy and family history.
- Facilitate and foster an atmosphere for the opportunity to educate its members and the genealogical community with regard to information resources, standards, and ethics.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information to its members with regard to the availability, the use, and the preservation.
- Keep its members informed of the changes in legislation with regard to the preservation of records and the public access to those records. AzGAB shall express its concern regarding these issues where it is appropriate.
- Undertake and promote such projects as the Arizona Genealogical Advisory Board of Directors approves.
Membership shall be open to any public or private society, group, library, museum, professional or individual researcher, and family historian sharing the purposes of this organization. Each member society shall retain its own autonomy as an organization.
To download a history of the Arizona Genealogical Advisory Board, click here.